I explore a variety of topics in this blog. My blog is hosted by the free site on the WordPress domain.
Making a Living
I currently work for School District 861 in Winona, MN.
The views expressed in this blog are my personal opinions and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.
So, you’re a blogger, huh?
Yes, I’m a blogger. This marks the beginning of time in the blogosphere. My blog is meant to chronicle my experiences as a “flipped” classroom teacher, as well as to share other resources in conjunction with educational technology and social studies. I am not paid to write this blog. I write this blog because it is fun and a place for reflection.
Media ties: I have no media ties.
Stocks: I own no stocks.
Religion: Within my blog, I will not comment or blog about religion, but I grew up a Lutheran within the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
Politics: I am not affiliated with any political party. My views on politics cover both ends of the liberal/conservative spectrum (depending on the issue) which has led me to be an informed voter in each election I have had the opportunity. I believe that exercising my right to vote is the foundation of democracy. My job as a teacher is not to push a political party; rather, it is to present both sides of an issue so students leave my classroom as future informed voters.
A Few Questions
1. For what other employers (or consulting) have you worked in the last five years?
- School District 761
2. What sort of volunteer work do you do regularly, if any, and for whom? (Please include any public relations, advocacy or advisory board involvement.)
I do not regularly volunteer for any organization.
3. Do you do any work paid or unpaid in politics or government? Have you done any lobbying of governmental bodies?
4. Do you have any financial investments or financial ties that may limit your ability to cover specific topics free of conflict, and if so, what are the topics?
5. Although we don’t regulate the activities of spouses, partners or immediate family members of our contributors, do any of their professional or personal involvements or any of their financial investments or ties make certain topics inappropriate for you, and if so, what are the topics?
6. Have you accepted any free trips, junkets or press trips in the last two years? Have you accepted any substantial free merchandise or discounts from people we might cover?
7. Has anything you’ve written later resulted in a published editor’s note or retraction for deliberate falsehood or plagiarism or become the subject of a lawsuit involving allegations of deliberate falsehood? (If yes, please include details about the publication and your role in the article or story. If a lawsuit, please describe the disposition of the case.)
[Note: This page is an adapted version of one completed in Full Disclosure at Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org. It has only been personalized and the text largely remains consistent with the original used by Miguel Guhlin]